Testing my coloring skills…
I haven’t used photoshop for color shading in too long… *shrugs*
This is alright.
Shonen pick for today
Dai no Daibouken (or DragonQuest)
The story of a young shipwerecked boy who wishes to because a hero.
On a day like any other, a bunch of travelers come on his island, looking to “see and not take” his best friend, wich is a rare golden slime.
After fighting and beating all the monsters they come across, even Dai, they run away with his best friend.
Not able to let his friend be sold in a black market somewhere, Dai packs his bags and goes on an adventure more grand than he ever thought.
This story brings me back…
I use to read this when I was younger. It’s an old classic that I can’t help bu appreciate.
The art isn’t so great, the story isn’t so intriguing. It’s full of cliché, but lovable characters.
It’s always a very entertaining read.
You can read it here
Don’t forget to buy the books at your local bookstore to encourage the author!
Is this in any way related to, or an inspiration for dragon ball? The animation is similar, and even the characters look similar, main char looks sort of like kid Goku, and Bulma is there too…
It’s hard to say
I would think not, because this manga is based, to the best of my knowledge, on the game “Dragon Quest”
And Dragon Quest was originally designed by the artist of Dragon Ball, Akira Toriyama
If it is one thing
I believe it is an attempt at following the style Dragon Ball introduced in the 1980s.
The only similarities in both the stories are the age of the main character, the fact that he is an orphan and him being a hero of some kind
Dragon Quest is mainly fantasy, monster fighting, sorcery (very much like the game it is based on)
But Dragon Ball mostly deals with extraterrestrial villains, internal strength, death in its many forms
I do agree that they are similar
But I would never call one a copy of the other
But, that is my view on it =)
And here are full scans for Dai Gyakuten Saiban! In addition to giving us a decent look at the game’s visuals, there’s some new info as well:
- Ryuunosuke begins the game in Japan, where as a college student he’s involved in a certain case that puts him on the path to becoming a formal attorney. To better study law, he transfers to England along with Mikotoba, where he meets Holmes.
- Most of the story will take place in London, with Japan serving as the setting for Ryuunosuke’s first case.
- Court and investigation proceed in mostly the same way, but during investigations Ryuunosuke and Holmes will use “joint logic” - a system where, as Ryuunosuke, you must point out any inconsistencies in Holmes’ rapid-fire reasoning. (The example shown is Holmes accusing a witness of being a certain revolutionary.)
- Takumi has a deep love of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so he’s trying to respect the character. Holmes is described as falling somewhere between the “storybook Holmes” and a “real Holmes” - a man who focuses maybe too much on his investigations, but isn’t a bad person at heart.
- Ryuunosuke and Holmes’ meeting is a key point of the game.
im laughing oh my god the localization team will actually have the least problems with this one im contrast to all the other games if it comes to the west
I actually found this in a library next to my place. o.o
Not sure if interested or…just curious about it
If 18 or 20 palettes wasn’t enough, I present to you: my 100 Palette Challenge! This is a collection of some of my favourite palettes from color-palettes and Adobe Kuler and I thought it would be really fun to have a huge variety of palettes to chose from
If you would like to participate in this challenge, I ask that you DO NOT repost this anywhere else, including deviantART; please REBLOG this instead! I have the challenge uploaded to deviantART as well, so please check it out there if you want to do it on deviantART!
Here’s some of the drawings I’ve done with a few of these palettes c:
I think I’ll try this thing as well.
I’ll take some suggestions, anything you like. Lets test my skills with color.
I’ll be in vacation in about 3 weeks or so… I wish to be able to do some then. =D
You never know how old you are until you realize your childhood hero died.
Robin Williams was a masterpiece and such an amazing man.To hear of his passing has upset me beyond most deaths. He was my childhood. My childhood was Robin Williams.
Rest in peace….
I DREW ANOTHER THING OF NO CONSEQUENCE
I drew a kind of pixie riding a bunny today. :3
"We’re in san fransisco"
"These Meji-burgers sure taste good"
…what…? WHAT??? WHATWHATWHAT?!??!??!? Holy shit… O.O
There are no words… no words… I really want to PLAY THIS GAME.